|‘Smoked Salmon Fettuccine Alfredo‘|
| 12 oz. Fettuccine, uncooked
1 tbsp. butter or margarine
1 large clove garlic, pressed
1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 cup skim milk
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup non-fat sour cream
1 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
8 oz. smoked salmon, cut into small pieces
2 tbsp. capers
Melt butter or margarine in a saucepan
over low heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Add flour, stirring constantly.
Gradually stir in milk; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
|‘Chicken & Mushroom Noodle Marsala‘|
|* 12 oz. Medium Egg Noodles, uncooked
* 1 egg white
* 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
* 1/3 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
* 2 4-oz. packages mixed exotic mushrooms or 1 8-oz. package sliced mushrooms
* 4 cloves garlic, minced or 2 teaspooons bottled minced garlic
* 1/4 tsp. salt (optional)
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1 cup canned low-sodium chicken broth
* 4 tsp. cornstarch
* 1 cup dry marsala wine
* 3 tbsp. chopped basil or parsley
|Cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, beat egg white in a large bowl; add chicken pieces; toss to coat.
Sprinkle with bread crumbs and cheese; toss well.
Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of chicken; stir fry 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Transfer to plate; keep warm. Repeat with remaining 1 tbsp. oil and remaining half of chicken. Cook mushrooms and garlic in same skillet 3 minutes over medium heat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine broth and cornstarch; mix well. Add broth mixture and wine to skillet; increase heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer. Simmer uncovered 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.
Drain noodles; toss with chicken and transfer to 6 serving plates. Spoon mushroom sauce over chicken pasta; sprinkle with basil. Serve with additional basil if desired.