|■Pumpkin and Sausage Stew■
1 tablespoon margarine or butter
1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion
1 (15oz) can Pumpkin
1 (14.75 oz can Cream Style Sweet Corn
1 (14oz) chicken broth
1/2 pound smoked cooked sausage (cut in half lengthwise)
1 cup frozen green beans
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Direcitons: Melt margarine in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until tender Add pumpkin, corn, chicken broth; mix well. Stir in cooked sausage, beans and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes or until beans are tender and flavors are blended, stirring occassionally.
1 1/4 punds lean ground beef
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (spice)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 jar (16 oz) salsa
1/4 cup red or green pepper, or a mixture of both, CHOPPED
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1/4 - 1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups milk
1/4 cup vegatable oil
4 ounces cheedar cheese (shredded cheese is 1 cup)
Sour Cream (optional)
1. preheat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit. Generously spray Fluted Pan with nonstick cooking spray. For filling, place ground beef in skillet. Sprinkle with seasonings. Stir in salsa. Cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes.
2. Chop bell pepper , sprinkle in bottom of pan.
3. For corn bread, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt in bowl. Add milk, eggs and oil; stir until dry ingredients are moistened (wet). stir in shredded cheese.
4. Spread 1 1/2 cups batter evenly over peppers in pan. Top with filling and remaining batter, spead evenly.
5. Bake 35-40 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Loosen corn bread from edge and center pan with knife. Invert (flip) onton serving plate. Slice into 16 wedges. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
This very easy to make. Fill Ice Trays with green water. To make green water: Green food coloring drops into water. Fill ice trays and place in freezer to set ice cubes. After ice is frozen, dump ice into a pitcher and pour lemon-lime soda over ice cubes.
For dessert I am going to make Chocolate-Peanut butter Witches AND Cupcakes with Halloween icing. This is suppose to be a surprise for everyone!